Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Road Warriors from SI.com

SI: What are the gadgets you can't live without when you travel?
Chris Cooley: My laptop, an Apple MacBook.

SI: What's one tip you can share for people who travel a lot?
Chris Cooley: The hotel will do anything you want. They'll do anything you ask. You just have to ask.

SI:What's your least favorite way to travel?
Chris Cooley:I hate airplanes. I hate turbulence. It scares the s--- out of me. I'm a [wimp] when it comes to that.

SI:Do you care where you sit on a plane?
Chris Cooley:I almost always have to sit in the window seat. It bugs me if I can't look out.

SI:What's your least favorite city to visit?
Chris Cooley:Philly. I really don't like Philly. I got a cheesesteak the first time I went there, but other than that, there's just nothing exciting about Philly.

SI:What's your favorite sports venue to visit as a fan or player?
Chris Cooley:I haven't been to very many. But I'm gonna go with the Verizon Center for Capitals games.

SI:What's your favorite place to eat on the road?
Chris Cooley:Any Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I love Ruth's Chris.

SI:What's your craziest/best travel story?
Chris Cooley:We were playing in Denver during my second season and I was trying to fit in with all the guys. Cory Raymer had an entire backpack full of mini bottles of Jack Daniels. So we got into a drinking contest on the bus. The next day I found 13 or 14 of those bottles, empty, in my bag. And this was just on the bus to the airport after a game. Before we even took off, I'm conducting the pre-flight announcements. Twenty minutes into the plane ride I'm on the floor in the aisle eating out of an applesauce container. Needless to say, I had a visit with the head coach the next morning.

SI:Which city has the most rabid fans?
Chris Cooley:Philly. We got eggs thrown at our bus when we came into town last season.

SI:What's the first thing you do when you get home from a trip?
Chris Cooley:Last year, I would watch Entourage, Californication and Dexter. It was the Showtime/HBO night, so I'd TiVo those shows and I always looked forward to watching them when I got home. I can never sleep when I get home from a trip.

SI:What's your favorite mini–bar item?
Chris Cooley:I guess beer. The truth is we don't really need to use the mini-bar. Everything is usually provided for us.


Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment