Thursday, May 14, 2009

Q&A Chat From NFL.com

Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
Hey, what's up. It's Chris. I'm excited to answer everyone's questions.

KJ Mahan, Lynchburg, Va 05:59 PM ET
Captain Chaos, what opposing linebacker do respect playing against the most? What have you seen from Fred Davis that makes you think he can be a big addition to this offense?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
I have two great matchups every year with DeMarcus Ware, he's an outstanding player. He has the ability to do so many different things, he's good against the run, pass and can do it all. Fred Davis came in this offseason knowing what it takes to be a pro football player. He's working very hard in the weight room and definitely understand the offense better.

Avery, Ruston, Louisiana 06:00 PM ET
Your rookie year was the same year Joe Gibbs returned to football. What was your initial impression of the way Gibbs ran practices?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
Gibbs' motto was: smart, tough, hard-nosed guys. And that's the way he ran practice. We had a quick tempo, but it was extremely physical.

Ryan Clutterbuck, Toronto, ON 06:01 PM ET
have you ever gotten in trouble for posting meeting or game plan notes on your blog?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
I've never gotten in trouble for posting anything on my blog. The only gameplan notes posted on there, were overshadowed by a penis picture, which the team was not that concerned with. The NFL had a few more concerns, though.

tony, gaithersburg 06:02 PM ET
do u think the offense will be better in the 2nd year with zorn?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
No questions asked, we'll have a better offense. It's a hard transition, even for a guy like me to make, to make adjustments to a new offense. It was even more difficult for a quarterback. We'll all be much better the second time around.

Doug Schwartz, Eddyville Oregon 06:03 PM ET
Hey Chris, I'm a high school teacher and football coach here in Oregon...I'm also a diehard skins fan! My students get extra credit when the skins win...would I be taking it too far if I painted my classroom in burgundy and gold?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
I think that you should strongly encourage the janitorial staff to paint the classrooms burgundy and gold. You should get the art classes to put Redskins logos on top.

Jesse, Washington D.C. 06:05 PM ET
Hey chris big redskins fan.How do u think Jason Campbells mindset will be for this year with all the trade rumors surronding him cuz it sounded to me that they were trying to trade him numerous times?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
Because it was so boldly discussed in the media, didn't mean that was exactly the team's intentions. Obviously there were talks and Jason was very disappointed in that, but he's definitely our guy now. He came back and showed great leadership in minicamp and is ready to have an outstanding season.

lampe21, philly 06:06 PM ET
whos the locker room clown
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
The fun thing about our locker room is that we have a bunch of guys who like to goof around. A day never goes by where I don't hear Smoot screaming about something.

David, Bristol, CT 06:07 PM ET
Hey Chris! What are some of your personal goals going into the season? and are u a videogamer?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
Obviously I always want to play my best. It's important to me to contribute to the team in any way I can. As far as goals, I just want our football team to win games. I like to play videogames a lot, but it's really the only thing that ticks me off, so I try to stay away from smashing controllers.

Wazir , Fairburn, Ga. 06:09 PM ET
Who is the most serious and most intense player on the team?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
Randy Thomas is the most serious player that I've ever been around. He's super intense.

Rahjohn, new jersey 06:11 PM ET
why are u always open, do u think that defenses just don't respect u?????????
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
It would be hard to say that I'm always open. I know that it's a different view from the TV screen than it is from the quarterback's eyes. I wish defenses had no respect for me, because I would definitely tally 20 catches a game.

Brian G, New Jersey 06:12 PM ET
Chris, I know your a rough and tough player especially over the middle, is there a team you might have a "second guess" about going over the middle or staying back and blocking?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
Never. Never bothers me to sacrifice my body for a catch. I like playing physical football. Obviously, I'm not going to complain when another team isn't as physical, but it doesn't bother me.

yansen, sergeant bluff 06:13 PM ET
should i draft you in the upcoming fantasy draft?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
To be honest. I'd put myself definitely in the top-5 tight ends, I always have the potential to have a big week. Obviously there is good value there in the fourth or fifth round.

Danyaal Mahmood, Fairfax, Virginia 06:15 PM ET
What do you think about the NFL's proposal to cut off to preseason games and to make the regular season 18 games long?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
I think it's a tough proposal. And I have to say I'm kind of two-sided on it. No one likes preseason and other than watching young players, there's not a lot of relevance to the games. But on the other hand it's tough making it all the way through the season without injuries or fatigue. So, the extra two games may be hard. All that said, if they are going to pay us accordingly for the two games, I'd rather play the two season games and get out of training camp early.

Tank, NJ 06:17 PM ET
I think Jared Cook will be better than you. What do you think?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
I do not know who Jared Cook is. Obviously, you're not a 'Skins fan. I think Paris Hilton would probably be a better sports analyst than you.

Azim, MD 06:19 PM ET
Is training camp really as boring and tiring as other players say it is?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
Yes.

Mass, Toronto 06:19 PM ET
Chris, Capitals or Penguins, who wins game 7 tonight?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
All my buddies with the Caps are going to take it. Then they're going to win the Stanley Cup. Unleash the fury!

Brett, Canada 06:20 PM ET
What happend to your sick hair
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
The hair was gone midway through the '06 season. I just like the gameday picture, so I let it roll through last year. I'm working on growing it back, right now, though. The wife doesn't appreciate it as much as everyone else.

Jim, PA 06:21 PM ET
Hey Chris, if you could catch passes from any QB in history past or present (besides J.C.) who would it be?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
John Elway, and I did get to play catch with him a month ago. I rule.

Jeff, brantford, ON 06:22 PM ET
Chris, Do you play fantasy football, and do you think it is bad for the game the way some purists do? Also, on a similar note, do you pay attention to your ratings in Madden and do you think those guys know their stuff? Thank you for doing this by the way, it's great to hear form you guys personally.
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
There's nothing about fantasy football that's bad for the game. It makes fans that much more interested in what's going on. Honestly, no players really care about it, hardly anyone plays. The guys that do it, enjoy it, but it's not that big a deal. I check out the ratings every year, but I think it's cool this year, they are going to update it every week, based on the way the player performs in the actual games. I quit playing Madden when I got beat by a nine-year old kid online.

dan snyder, md 06:25 PM ET
Do u think u deserve a raise?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
Why not? I'll always take more money. No, I'm pretty happy with my contract. I'll keep playing.

Dave, Dayton OH 06:26 PM ET
Hey Cooley, I have read a lot of posts lately that refer to Colt Brennan. A ton of skins fans out there want to see him as the starter.(Im not one of them) Does he have the potential to be a starter in the NFL or is his arm strength to much of a concern?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
No questions asked, Colt has the potential to be a starter in the NFL. He has all the qualities to get the job done. In the next couple of years, he'll get a shot somewhere.

albert haynesworth, md 06:27 PM ET
Are you scared of me at practice??
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
The first time I met Albert Haynesworth was at the Pro Bowl in 2007. I was told the game was pretty relaxed, play hard. In the first quarter we threw a pick and I slowly chased after the ball and Albert Haynesworth blindsided me. I've never been more upset.

Carlos, Nogales, Mexico 06:28 PM ET
Hi Chris, is the fantasy football ad "NFL pick me" for real? How many walls did you broke to catch that football !!! Hahahah
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
I had to punch through the sheet rock 10 different times and cut my arm all up doing the commercial. Reebok did a really good job cutting the commercial.

Adam , VA 06:32 PM ET
Hey Chris who came up with the whoel Captain Choas deal? Good luck this season
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
We were playing St. Louis in 2006. I was goofing around in the locker room with a couple of buddies. It was when Gibbs was the coach and before the game, he used to elect captains by writing their name on a white board. This particular game was the first time I had been picked as a captain. Also, there was no reason behind his captain selections, I think it was just the first three names that popped into his head. I was bet that I wouldn't go onto the field and introduce myself to all the Rams captains as Captain Chaos. I had to walk up to Orlando Pace, Marc Bulger and Torry Holt and introduce myself as Captain Chaos. They looked at me like I was crazy.

aj, newport news,virgina 06:35 PM ET
did you have fun with chuck liddel singing journey? on a side note,do you follow mma?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
I had a blast hanging out with Chuck Liddell, Brad Penny was hilarious. Steel Panther, the 80s band, was awesome. Heeeee-ooooo. I don't follow MMA.

Ricky Beachley, Frederick MD 06:37 PM ET
I like what you do with the football camps... what other charity work do you do? How can I help?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
I've done a ton of stuff lately. I started a huge education program, where I've donated over $300,000 to schools and scholarships. I've done a bunch of breast cancer stuff, which has been great. We've also done a lot of reading events for kids. As far as helping out, take advantage of opportunities in your own community.

omar, dc 06:39 PM ET
why did you pick the number 47?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
It got put in my locker when I showed up in the offseason as a rookie.

paul umbaugh, port richey, FL 06:39 PM ET
Sup Chris, What Do you think of the newcomer brian orakpo?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
He has a deep voice and lots of muscles.

jim murphy, decatur il 06:40 PM ET
what is your favorite 80s band
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
Can't say. Tough between Bon Jovi, Journey, Guns n' Roses and Madonna.

Chris, VA 06:42 PM ET
My favorite Redskin is Rypien. Who's yours?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
My favorite former Redskin is Gary Clark. Awesome dude, fun to be around, always a great guy with a lot of energy. Sonny and Sam run a close second.

andrew, kensignton md 06:43 PM ET
being from around the dc area the eastern motors commercials play all the time, and i love the one with you and alex ovi, is he really as crazy as he seems
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
Ovechkin's wild. At that photo shoot, he put five pucks through the wall, missing goals.

Mistry, silver spring, MD 06:45 PM ET
How do you think Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas will do this year?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
Devin looked great in the offseason, he's worked very hard. If Malcolm's knees can stay healthy, he could be an outstanding player.

Tom M, London, UK 06:47 PM ET
What's your personal favourite - beard, 'stach or clean shaven?
Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
I always have to go with somewhat of a beard. I hate clean-shaven and the moustache is cool, but too ugly.

Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
Thanks everyone, I appreciate everyone taking the time to read this. It's been fun.

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment