Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Final Products

When it comes to painting I'm really good at starting them but not at finishing.  I probably have 25 half painted canvasses in my closet and at some time in all of them I got pissed off and quit.  I know that, by no means, I'm any kind of great artist, but I had a blast doing this and I'm way proud of myself for not quitting the projects.
Also, sometime in May I am doing a charity art show.  I am going to try and raise enough money to give $25,000 scholarships to eight local students who would have a hard time paying for it any other way.  The art show will consist of over 20 of my own pieces of art ranging from paintings to drawings and even pottery.  If any other artists are interested in donating a piece of art to be displayed and sold in the show please contact the website. (cooleyfans@gmail.com)

In preparation for the scholarship program I will be speaking at eight local schools this week.  I want to encourage students to value education, as it has greatly benefited me in my life. For every school I visit, I will be donating $5,000 dollars to be used for education.  It should be an interesting week because I'm a little nervous to be standing up at a bunch of high school assemblies. I am however, very excited to be able to meet so many young people in our community. When all is said and done, the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation and myself will be selecting the eight students who will receive, "The Cooley Scholarship." I am very excited for this project and I think it will be a huge success.

If anyone would like to make a donation, they can do so by sending a check or artwork to:

Redskins co/Chris Cooley
21300 Redskin Park Drive
Ashburn, VA 20147

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment