Monday, January 12, 2009

Playoff Interviews: Brent Celek


Congrats to Brent Celek and the Eagles on making it to the NFC championship. He scored a big touchdown yesterday helping take down the Gmen and now he visits The Cooley Zone for a interview.  Not only is he a great guy as well as a great dancer, he is also funny as hell.  We had a solid talk about the toughest D-ends, how bullshit 3-4 defenses are for tight ends and how we possibly have the worst bodies in the NFL.  At least it's obvious we're not on performance enhancers.

Cool - We watched you on film all year in the Redskins tight end room we had to have a nickname.  Obviously you have been called Tom before, but do you have anything else to go by?

Magnum PI -  Not really, guys joke around and call me Magnum PI.  I can't grow out the mustache, I've tried, it's so bad!


Cool - In our playoff analysis Colt Brennan boldly claimed you were "not only a great guy, but a great dancer."  Yoder and I confirmed you were the best.  Do you have any patented moves?
Magnum PI - I call it the single arm dumbbell press.  When I get annihilated and start to go back to that move I know it's time for the end of the night.  

Cool - Philly --- Best or worst fans in the game, you know I'm gonna say worst, but I'll give you a shot?
Magnum PI - There the best fans dude.  Best fans ever.  They're very critical and support us no matter what, but when things are good, there great.  

Cool - If this game had to come down to a WWF royal rumble Celek vs. Lenard Pope who wins and why?
Magnum PI- I would definitely win.  I would suplex him.  His long arms scare me.  I think he's like 6' 10", but I think I could take him.

Cool - I didn't catch one touchdown from our quarterback all season.  How were you able to get so wide open on the goal line?
Magnum PI  - I've only scored two touchdowns this year and both on the same play  Pass 64 Z corner.   I think the key on the goal line is to outside release everything.  Even if its a nine technique, outside release.  If the inside backer who is supposed to cover you sees you go outside he always think you are blocking and lets you go.


Cool - Before we played the Cardinals this season Adrian Wilson blurted out that he would kill me on the field in a radio interview.  Are you intimidated by his play at all?  If you're 1 on 1 in the open field do you juke or go head first?
Magnum PI - I think Adrian Wilson is a great player.  He got pissed of on a touchdown when we played them earlier this season and on the field goal the next play he absolutely almost ripped my helmet off. It scared me a little bit. I got to give it to him, he's a beast. (Sighs) I'm not a big open field juker so I would probably put my head down.

Cool - Kurt Warner will be praying pretty hard for a Cardinals win.  How do you overcome the will of God?  
Magnum PI - Haha. I think Dawk's gonna be praying harder for a Eagles win.  


Tomorrow morning check the audio feed of my phone call to Terrell Suggs on Shutdown Corner.  "It's hot." And stay with us for many more playoff interviews.

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment