Saturday, June 28, 2008

TC: Dun dun DUNNNN!!

I have always wondered why Chris got the nickname Captain Chaos. Chris tells the story going like this: "I was a captain for the St. Louis game (bacon eating contest) and just before we went out, Koz dared me to introduce myself as "Captain Chaos." As I shook everyone's hand I said 'Hi, I'm Captain Chaos.' Since then the nickname has just sort of stuck." I have to call BS on that. Koz had an ulterior motive. There's no way he pulled Captain Chaos out of his ass like that. He must have had a plan. So I decided to do some research this afternoon and I may have found the answer to the origin of this so called dare.

Koz was born in 1970 making him 11 when Cannonball Run came out. I am guessing that it was a family favorite. I would actually venture to bet good money that Koz wore this costume for one or more Halloweens. I would take even further and say that this character made such an impact on Brian that 26 years later he dared his BFF to take on Victor Prinzi's alter ego, Captain Chaos, so that he could keep it alive forever. Dun dun DUNNNN!

So now with the mystery solved, let us all enjoy the original Captain Chaos, Mr. Dom DeLuise.

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment